Tim Mackey, Chief Executive Officer, Founder
• PhD, Global Public Health, University of California, San Diego – San Diego State University.
• Masters in Advanced Studies, Health Policy & Law, University of California, San Diego – California Western School of Law.
• BA, Political Science, University of California, San Diego.
Tim Mackey has published greater than 140 publications focused upon safety on the Internet. His work has appeared in policy, medical, legal, data science, and engineering journals.
SELECTED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Led several successful research teams examining Internet use to illegally promote online drug sales.
• Coordinated high-impact media coverage of research including CNN, Wired, BuzzFeed News, ABC World News.
• Invited Speaker Internet Stakeholder Online Opioid Summit, U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Jiawei Li, Chief Technology Officer
• MS, Computational Science, Mathematics and Engineering, University of California, San Diego.
• BS, Macau University of Science and Technology.
• Used proprietary data mining and machine learning techniques to capture large volumes of social media data from multiple platforms.
• Created custom packages in Python collecting data, analyzing content, and providing support for data dashboards and user interventions.
• Created image detection functionalities using deep learning approaches.
Jiawei Li's published work focuses upon application of machine learning and AI across social media in data science and medical Internet research journals.
Qīng Xu, Business Analyst, Expansion Strategist
• Masters in Advanced Studies, Health Policy & Law, University of California, San Diego.
• BS, Public Administration, Southwest University for Nationalities (China).
• Collaborated with several international public and private organizations in China, focusing on healthcare, wildlife, and contraband trade spheres.
• Researcher, Department of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin. China
• Researcher, China Policy Department, Word Wild Foundation for Nature (WWF) - Beijing Office, Beijing, China
• Researcher, Wildlife Traffic project, WWF Traffic, Beijing, China.
Qīng Xu's work has involved assessing crime and legislative responses in China, focusing upon charity fraud, illegal online pharmaceutical sales, and other illicit online trade (eg, wildlife, cultural artifacts, etc.).
SELECTED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and Korean,
• Expert coder for online website automated classification of Chinese and Korean text.
• First Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning paper detecting illicit wildlife trade on Twitter.
Mingxiang (Marco) Cai, Data Scientist
• MS, Computer Science (expected 2020), University of California, San Diego
• BS, Mathematics-Statistics, summa cum laude, Boston University, Boston, MA
• Provided technology support in realization of customized-visualization consistent with machine learning principles.
• Applied cutting-edge machine learning techniques to analyze data in various social media and alternative forms.
Mingxiang Cai's work has focused on machine learning and applications protocol design to market environments.
Bryan A. Liang, Chief Strategy Officer
• JD, Harvard Law School.
• MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
• PhD, Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago.
• BS, Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Interdisciplinary work encompassing >400 pieces across articles, books, editorials, health policy commentaries, legal medicine reviews as well as amici, agency analyses, and White House policy briefs.
SELECTED LICENSES AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Licensed to practice medicine.
• Licensed to practice law
• Pilot license, instrument rating, complex, high performance aircraft.
• American Bar Association Advisor to the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws.
• Member of the American Medical Association Medication Reconciliation Patient Safety Work Group.
• Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Healthcare Safety and Quality Research Study Section.
• Council on Foreign Relations Global Drug Safety Roundtable
• Secretary of Health and Human Services Advisory Committee on Minority Health.
• World Justice Project on the Rule of Law Index.